- Kinesiology Undergraduate Program Coordinator
- PhD 1986 - Texas Woman's University - Humanistic Foundations of Physical Education
- Specialization in Elementary Physical Education, Sociology of Sport, and Women in Sport
- Former Chair of the Sport Sociology Academy
- Former Southern District Representative to the Council on Physical Education for Children
- Former Editorial Board of Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators
- Authored or Co-Authored 26 peer-reviewed papers, plus various other publications.
- Presented more than 50 papers at professional meetings.
- Research interests: Gender issues in sport across the lifespan, with a focus on media representation women in sport; Youth pedagogy
For questions about specific topics, select the link provided.
For admission or advising information contact: 940-565-2736 or SAO@coe.unt.edu
For suggestions, comments, questions regarding this site,
contact: Dr. Karen Weiller - email@example.com